Happy St. Patricks Day friends!! Last night I tried being creative and making some green Rice Krispie treats, but for some reason they turned out this ugly brown color, poop brown to be exact. It was a Pinterest fail if I’ve ever seen one.
Well I gave this holiday another shot this morning (I am Irish after all!) and made some festive green pancakes with homemade whipped cream! The lucky charms marshmallows were a perfect touch and added some extra sweetness.
So toss aside your green eggs and ham and try out this recipe! Trust me it’ll be a hit and it’s fail proof 😉
For the Pancake:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pastel green food coloring
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- In a small bowl combine milk and vinegar. Set aside and let sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together butter, egg and vanilla into the milk mixture. Add the food coloring.
- Combine with flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add butter to pan and pour 1/4 cup batter. Let cook on one side until bubbles begin to pop, then flip to the other side. Cook until barely golden brown.
- Place a mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream and sugar into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute. Be sure not to over whisk.
- Add as many Lucky Charms marshmallows as desired!
Hope everyone has a super fun and safe St. Patty’s Day!! 🍀
-SHOP THIS RECIPE-